May 27, 2020

May 4, 2020

Please reload

Recent Posts

I'm busy working on my blog posts. Watch this space!

Please reload

Featured Posts

Louisiana Title Replacement

October 15, 2017



To replace a lost or damaged Louisiana title submit the following to the OMV:

  • A completed Vehicle Application (Form DPSMV 1799).

    • Complete the “Duplicate Title Affidavit" section and have it notarized.

    • Complete the “Affidavit of Non-Possession of Title by Lienholder" section and have it notarized IF there is an active lien hold on the title.

    • If you want the duplicate title to be sent to anyone other than named person on the title, you must check the authorization section of the application.

  • Copy of your current registration.

  • Power of attorney (notarized) if you are applying on someone's behalf.

  • Payment for the title fee.

If you have moved out of state and need to order a duplicate title from the Louisiana OMV, you'll also need to send a statement from your new state's DMV affirming that they have not issued you a new title.

Please reload

Follow Us
Please reload

Search By Tags