top of page


Q. How do I title and register a used vehicle? A. A Vehicle Application form (DPSMV1799) must be completed and signed by the applicant. The current certificate of title must be submitted with the assignment completed and notarized. If a lien was recorded it must be properly released. Vehicles less than ten years old must have the federal odometer disclosure completed on the title, otherwise, a separate statement must be submitted. Original or copy of financing statement or security agreement must be included (if applicable). Notarized bill of sale or invoice with full description of vehicle must be submitted if the title assignment does not reflect date of sale, selling price and buyer/seller signatures. All files with a date of sale on or after August 1, 2012, must include a copy of the vehicle owner's current and valid photo identification. The photo identification provided should be a driver's license or identification card issued by this state, another state, or by the United States military. Proof of liability insurance coverage is required, unless the vehicle was purchased from a dealer. Fees include $68.50 title fee, $8.00 (Fees may vary) handling fee, $15.00 lien recordation fee for UCC-1 financing statements or $10.00 lien recordation fee for other security agreement documents. License fee is based ontype/weight/selling price of vehicle and sales use tax based on domicile of vehicle and selling price. All documents and fees must be submitted simultaneously to the local Office of Motor Vehicles or mailed to Headquarters.

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Search By Tags
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square
bottom of page