top of page

Louisiana Title Replacement

To replace a lost or damaged Louisiana title submit the following to the OMV:

  • A completed Vehicle Application (Form DPSMV 1799).

  • Complete the “Duplicate Title Affidavit" section and have it notarized.

  • Complete the “Affidavit of Non-Possession of Title by Lienholder" section and have it notarized IF there is an active lien hold on the title.

  • If you want the duplicate title to be sent to anyone other than named person on the title, you must check the authorization section of the application.

  • Copy of your current registration.

  • Power of attorney (notarized) if you are applying on someone's behalf.

  • Payment for the title fee.

If you have moved out of state and need to order a duplicate title from the Louisiana OMV, you'll also need to send a statement from your new state's DMV affirming that they have not issued you a new title.

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Search By Tags
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square
bottom of page