top of page

Mobile Home Immobilization

Factory-built mobile homes that will be declared as immovable property will not be issued a Louisiana certificate of title, however, sales and use tax must be remitted to OMV. Sales and use tax is only assessed on new factory-built homes.

The following items must be submitted to OMV:

  • The original Certificate of Title or Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin

  • A bill of sale

  • An Authentic Act of Immobilization that includes a declaration by the owner and if applicable, the lienholder, that the factory-built home shall remain permanently attached to the lot or tract of land described in the act and a description of the factory-built home as described on the certificate of origin

  • A completed vehicle application form (DPSMV 1799)

  • Sales/use tax and handling fees, if applicable


Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Search By Tags
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square
bottom of page